LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Tank Assemblers for an opportunity in Georgetown, Delaware
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform complex and repetitive mechanical assembly operations requiring interpretation of Engineering Drawings , assembly layouts and sketches necessary to complete assembly and sub-assembly projects. Tasks are performed with minimal to no supervision.
• Assemble aircraft auxiliary fuel tanks and associated components in accordance with assembly drawings, engineering instructions and process standards.
• Use precision measuring instruments, pneumatic and electric power tools and basic hand tools in daily operations.
• Apply sealants, coatings and chemical conversions to parts and components, as necessary.
• Inspect for, and report all non-airworthy hardware, parts, components, or articles.
• Check drawings, bill of materials and/or travelers to determine materials necessary for project completion; verify parts / part numbers prior to assembly process.
• Obtain and assemble necessary parts and hardware for assignment, coordinate with planning/procurement to requisition items, as needed.
• Conduct tank pressurization tests and evaluation of final product assembly.
• Complete all required documentation upon completion of project, prior to submitting to Quality Control.
• Promptly report any problems associated with carrying out work assignments including non-availability of parts, materials, improper workflow, drawing discrepancies, etc.
• Inspect for, and report all non-airworthy / non-conforming hardware, components or parts.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and safety standards.
• Document actions by completing all required material usage, production, quality, and time keeping data entry and / or forms.
• Maintain a safe and organized working environment in accordance with company standards.
• Complete initial / recurrent training requirements in a timely manner.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
• High School education, or equivalent reading, writing, and mathematical abilities.
• 5 + years of related experience in aircraft or sheet metal; experience in aircraft fuel cells / tanks desirable.
• Demonstrated capabilities and completion of training certification to process specifications related to Tank Assembly and Tank Component Assembly.
• Must possess the expertise and personal skills to provide direction to department team members.
• Solid understanding in the use of precision measuring instruments and basic tools needed within the department.
• Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as tank shop related geometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical tank shop.
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task prioritize, and plan work.
• Ability and willingness to work extended hours, when needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program.
Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.
Fuel Cell Mechanic