LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Sr Advanced Mechanical Engineer for an opportunity in Torrance, CA
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key Responsibilities
• Design and analysis using complex finite element methods
• Provide technical oversight to global engineering teams across time zones
• Provide technical guidance to junior engineers
• Requirements validation
• Project and product compliance
• Risk management
• Process Development
• Root Cause and Corrective Action
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience performing structural analysis on gas turbine engines and/or other structural, load bearing components and systems
• Proficiency in linear static, nonlinear/elasto-plastic, fatigue (HCF & LCF), modal, shock, harmonic, random vibration, & crack growth analyses
• Strong working knowledge of ANSYS finite element software & classical hand calculation methods
• Ability to mentor others
• Significant experience with new product development in a highly regulated environment
• Ability to analyze and solve complex and challenging problems
• Effectively operate in a matrix organization
• Track record of successful contribution to products & projects
• Keen mindset to envision process improvements and execution of such initiatives
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.