LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a GSE Mechanic for an opportunity in Goodyear, AZ.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The GSE Mechanic performs direct support maintenance/modifications and repairs to OEM standards on all equipment as prescribed in the equipment Technical Manuals (TM’s). The GSE Mechanic diagnoses malfunctions and repairs of all Ground Support Equipment (GSE), and provide any assistance need in GSE / Facilities Department.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on GSE, inspects, tests, and operates GSE to determine equipment serviceability and proper operation, services equipment with fuel, oil, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, refrigerant, and compressed air, diagnoses mechanical and electronic circuitry malfunctions using visual and auditory senses, test equipment, and technical publications on the following equipment; Fork Lifts – Aerial Lifts – Scissor Lifts – Trucks – GPU – TUG’s and various other GSE as need
- Uses automated maintenance data systems to monitor maintenance trends, analyze equipment requirements, maintain equipment records, and document maintenance actions.
- Analyzes, diagnosis, and repairs GSE using conventional and digital multi-meters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, frequency counters, oscilloscopes, circuit card testers, transistor testers, and hand tools.
- Disassembles and assembles malfunctioning GSE accessories and components engines and generators
- Removes, disassembles repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles, and reinstalls GSE components and accessories.
- Maintains external fuel and grounding systems.
- Stores, handles, labels, uses, and disposes of hazardous materials and waste in accordance with all state, local, and federal environmental standards and regulations.
- Repairing fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Be Tool Ready and well equipped, maintains company tools and equipment, and cleans work areas to maintain a safe work environment.
- Be proficient in welding mig wire feed and stick along with use of cutting torch
- Ensure that all tasks are performed safely and meet Technical Standards and OEM standards when applicable.
- Wearing safety items of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) e.g. gloves, safety shoes, protective eyewear, hearing protection, and other items such as aprons or outerwear as appropriate.
- Employee is required to maintain a valid state-issued Driver’s license. Perform other duties as required to support the mission and contractual requirements.
- Must have acceptable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.