Oversees program quality requirements and processes for maintenance/repair, materials, services, products, training, and safety. Examines and inspects airframe, engines, operating equipment and all sub-systems to ensure repairs, test, and modifications are made according to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, ensures workmanship and materials conform to Civil Air Regulations, company specifications, and manual procedures and certifies airworthiness of aircraft.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
2. Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
3. Inspects all aviation products and paperwork for matching part numbers, serial numbers, etc. and proper certifications to meet FAA Standards.
4. Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
5. Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities and communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
6. Collects data to evaluate engine performance, using tachometer and pressure gauges and examines assembly, installation, test and adjustment of flight and engine controls.
7. Determines accuracy of installation of components in power plant and hydraulic system with protractor, micrometer, calipers, and gauge to ensure that specified tolerances are met.
8. Signs inspection tag to approve unit, or records reasons for rejecting unit and logs inspections performed on aircraft and inspects and inputs data into the management information system, Technical Order, Computerized Maintenance Program Systems, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives and OEM Technical data received.
9. Maintains Technical Data Library to include the update of all OEM Manuals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors (B.A.) from a four year college or university OR equivalent experience; five to ten (5-10) years of experience as a Maintenance Technician and possesses the ability to lead a small group of team members.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Word processing, spreadsheets, internet software, e-mail, database software, inventory software, order processing software.
Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
This position requires a current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) license, and a current driver’s license. An Inspection Authorization (IA) is preferred. A favorable personal back ground check is required.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.