LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Conventional Machinist for a 2nd Shift opportunity in Chatsworth, CA
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
All-around Machinist must be capable and experienced in all aspects of conventional machining, which includes turning, milling, grinding and assembly. Candidates specializing in one or more of these areas will be considered for the position.
- Maintain and troubleshoot tooling issues with respect to jigs, fixtures and assembly.
- Sets up and operates machine tools, lathes, milling machines, boring machines, to machine metallic workpieces according to specifications, tooling instructions, and applying knowledge of machining methods.
- Reads blueprint, job order for product specifications, dimensions, tolerances, tooling instructions, fixtures, feed rates. Cutting speeds, depth of cut and determines sequence of operations.
- Selects, positions and secures tool in toolholders, chucks, collet or spindles
- Communicates with other department personnel as necessary to coordinate and ensure minimal downtime.
- Positions and secures workpiece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures, using clamps
- Moves controls to position tool workpiece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depths of cut to work
- Participating in process improvements and developments within the Toolroom and supporting the continuous improvement efforts of other production areas.
- Sets up fixture or device, starts machine and turns handwheel to feed tool to workpiece
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of equipment and procedures
- Observes operation of machine verifies conformance of machined workpiece to specifications, using measuring instruments, fixed gauges, calipers and micrometers
- Experience with Pratt – Whitney 3B, #B Jig Borer, Wotan, Horizontal Boring Mill and Lathes
Qualifications and requirements:
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience operating conventional – manual AND numeric controlled Horizontal mills.
- Experience on Pratt and Whitney 1304 conventional jig bore applications.
- Experience on conventional 3503/3504 and /or CNC 3101/3105 horizontal Wotan machine applications.
- Blueprint reading
- Must be able to prioritize duties daily.
- Must be able to understand and follow written and oral instructions. – General math knowledge.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision – Ability to read and interpret manuals, drawings and schematics of equipment and machines.
- Minimum of 5+ years set up and operating experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Completion of vocational or college training in machine shop
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to do First Article Inspections
- Light CNC Program Editing
- Ability to maintain close tolerances within 0.0001 of a thousand
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 Lbs.
- Familiar with Gantry Operations, 5 axis machines
- Strong knowledge on Siemens A40D and Acroamatic 950 controllers
- Aerospace manufacturing shop floor experience is a must.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment urinalysis and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost.