LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Cabinet Builders with repair experience on corporate aircraft for an opportunity in East Alton, IL.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Cabinet Builders work with the finish coating process for aircraft cabinets and perform other functions that support the delivery of aircraft cabinets using personal skills in conformance with procedures and guidelines and to the standards of Dassault Falcon Jet quality.
- Work from drawings, sketches, pictures, or verbal specifications to stain, finish, and polish cabinets, cabinet parts, and sub-assemblies including inlays, patterns, and special designs.
- Strip finish as needed.
- Prepare surfaces to be painted by sanding, steaming, filling, and cleaning.
- Cover all areas to be protected from paint or stripper with proper materials.
- Select and mix proper paints to the manufacturer’s specifications. May be required to experiment with special paints and related products.
- Set up and use spray gun for proper application of urethane, lacquer, enamel, water base and epoxy paints. Touch up wood work with brush, airbrush, and spray gun blend-in techniques.
- Accurately log computerized labor data collection for time and attendance tracking.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience preparing, sanding or stripping metal or composite surfaces for the application of primer; or polishing, buffing and/or touch up/artistic background; or specialized technical school certification in related field
- Able to work from documentation such as company procedures, preparation packages, etc.
- Able to work in a confined space.
- Able to lift and transport up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must have visual capacity and muscular dexterity to work on fine detail, high cost products with a minimum of errors and rework.
- Able to use standard spray paint equipment: paint guns, sanding equipment, dual action orbital sander and common hand tools
- Must not be abnormally allergic to paint, paint stripper, solvents, primers or other paint related products that produce fumes or dust while performing work related duties.
- Ability to use a respirator.
- Must have solid PC skills. All work entry is on a screen and digital.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.