Aircraft Interior Designer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Aircraft Interior Designer for an opportunity in Melbourne, Florida
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for facilitating the Customer selection of interior and exterior design elements along with supporting the configuration and options specification of all models of Embraer Executive Jets defined and requested by Customers and the Embraer Executive Aircraft sales and proposals teams.
- Support the Customer in the selection process as a trusted advisor representing their tastes and wishes in the selectable elements of their aircraft.
- Prepare records of Customer selections including contractual documentation, such as interior and exterior design renderings, color boards and materials data to document selections of the Customer for the Embraer Executive Aircraft Business Unit.
- Assist the Design and Configuration Manager in identification of new market trends and selectable materials to update and refresh the product offerings in accordance with Embraer Executive Aircraft brand standards, Customer expectations and corporate objectives.
- Ensures timely aircraft interior and exterior design package submittals to Customer (to include floor plan, elevation, styling, and material specifications and finish lists as defined by Embraer Executive Aircraft.
- Participates in aircraft project Sales, pre-Contract, Proposals and Customer design reviews.
- Evaluates current aircraft interior and exterior design standards to identify and recommend opportunities for product improvement and/or value engineering.
- Reviews, and comments upon, aircraft project specifications/proposals; provides input to Design project budgets and schedules.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BS/BA Degree from accredited college or university in Interior Design, Business, or another related field.
- Certified Interior Designer preferred.
- 2-4 years of Interior Design experience required with demonstrated results.
- Aviation related experience preferred
- Experience in design rendering, technical writing and/or report creation a plus
- Excellent soft skills, customer facing. (Design and select materials + colors with excellent attention to detail)
- No visible tattoos or face piercings. (Basic ear piercing is ok)
- Working onsite with a well-rounded design team in a state-of-the-art studio.
- Team player.
- Portfolio required (Previous works) < Very important
- Software skills: Adobe photoshop + illustrator, InDesign. Including all major Microsoft office products
- Aviation experience preferred but not required. (Background in Automotive or Residential design is a plus)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.
Aircraft Interior Designer