LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Machinist – Level 2 for an opportunity in Torrance, CA
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a solid background and experience in Machine shop to move into the role of Machinist Level 2 supporting our Torrance OEM production.
- CNC cylindrical grinder operator
-This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a solid background and experience in a Machine shop to move into the role of Machinist Level 2 supporting our Torrance OEM production.
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- – High School diploma or GED equivalent
– Ability to interpret basic machinist drawings.
– General knowledge of metrology and ability to use calipers and micrometers
– Knowledge of basic shop math.
– Performs multi-tasks with minimal supervision
-Capable of keeping multiple machines efficiently running while monitoring quality.
– Work well in a team-oriented environment as well as promotes and encourages teamwork and team building
– Ability to Read and write in the English language
– Ability and willingness to work occasional overtime, including weekends
– Basic computer skill necessary.
- Practical Work experience, 2+ years, in a machining environment required with recent experience within the last 2 years.
– Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and correct surface plate setups.
– Basic understanding of G code and Canned cycles
– Practical knowledge and experience with all machine shop precision measuring equipment
-Able to perform NC machine setups unsupervised
-Able to identify proper tooling and inserts
-Responsible for monitoring and adjusting offsets
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.