LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Upholstery Fabricator for an opportunity in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Upholstery Fabricators will fabricate, develop, build, sew, and cover aircraft soft goods through the knowledge and skills of aircraft upholstery via customer standards while using 3D models, drawings, blueprints, IDEI drawings, and/or spec control prints following Quality standards. Soft goods include side ledges, headliners and other assorted interior soft goods.
- Interpret blueprints, completion drawings, company standards, work instructions, 3D model information.
- Perform necessary calculations using shop math based on required tooling, detailed parts, assemblies, and installations.
- Perform proper maintenance practices in accordance to Quality standards, such as proper glue application, adhesive bonding, hardware, and rivet installation (when applicable to current job assignment).
- Correct handling and use of all required tools specific to the current job assignment.
- Correct handling and use of all required chemicals and adhesives related to the current job assignment, including general knowledge and ability on retrieving data from the MSDS safety books.
- Prep and cover any upholstered panels with variety of foams, fabrics, leathers, and styling in accordance with Customer Specifications.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of upholstery experience
- Able to align intricate or elaborate designs in fabrics
- Must not be allergic to chemical, solvents, paints, adhesives, natural or manmade materials, fabrics, or feathers
- Basic computer skills
- Able to work in confined spaces and in unusual positions
- Able to lift and transport up to 40 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- Visual capacity and muscular dexterity to work on fine detail, high cost products with a minimum of errors and rework
- Able to stock and remove materials from bins above storage level according to OSHA standards
- Able to climb in and out of aircraft and perform work in tight or confined places and positions
- Able to setup and operate all standard equipment related to upholstery
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.