CMM Inspector – Level 1
LAUNCH is seeking a CMM Inspector – Level 1 for an opportunity in Dillon, South Carolina.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Level 1 CMM inspectors work with minimal supervision and direction to use predetermined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to perform in-process and completed inspections of aerospace alloys for the gas turbine engine industry. Uses various measuring devices to perform required inspections and accepts or rejects malfunctioning or non-conforming units or systems. Works from blueprints, digital models, diagrams or other customer specifications, and uses inspection instructions and checklists. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Obtain job assignments from supervisor or manager.
- Work safely in accordance to plant safety guidelines including cardinal rules of safety.
- Adheres to quality processes including in-process inspections to ensure compliance with quality specifications.
- Support QC Level 1 Inspectors.
- Performs skilled set up and operation of CMM which includes changeover of fixtures, touch probes and scanning probes.
- Utilizes basic mathematical skills to measure and record dimensional items with accuracy and efficiency. Ability to input data to determine process capability.
- Responsible for his / her part quality and utilizes standard and custom measuring equipment to perform dimensional checks.
- Enter data into NCR system and pass transactions in QMS.
- Actively follow instructions as required in all aspects of the work assignment and develop a working knowledge of common inspection measuring equipment including, but not limited to: surface plates, micrometers, height gauges, radius gauges, protractors, profilometers, diameter gauges, drop indicator, dial indicators, contracer and Coordinate Measuring Machines / Scanners.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T) methods.
- Performs visual inspections of machine parts.
- Identify and segregate non-conforming product
- Maintains machines in operational condition by performing daily preventive maintenance checks on the fixture, probe racks and cleaning of the CMMs.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area to 6S standards.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts through verbal or documented communication for required actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Communicates with manufacturing on first piece acceptance and stopping processes due to failing parts.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years of manufacturing experience; prior military experience; or technical certification / degree
- 2 to 4 years of experience in quality inspection position
- Prior CMM experience a plus
- Must have the knowledge, skill, and ability to meet expectations for required competencies in position, which includes:
1) safety, health, and environmental awareness
2) business ethics and compliance
3) technical/professional competence and quality & time management
4) interpersonal relations and communication skills
5) initiative, flexibility, innovation, and adaptability
6) continuous improvement and problem solving
7) planning and organizing
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on a deadline.
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to professionally communicate and work cooperatively with others
- Attention to detail
- Basic English language skills and the ability to read, follow, and interpret planning and work order instructions
- Basic math skills to include adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, and fractions.
- Willingness to learn
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required due to government military contracts.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.