Designer / CAD Operator
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Designer / CAD operator for an opportunity in Albany, Georgia.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop 3D models and draft complex detailed drawings, sketches, and profiles used in the planning and construction of the aircraft. Able to follow directions from senior management to conceive of or create form and design variations for consideration.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Desirable to have a degree or certification in Drafting and Design.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually.
- Minimum 5 years of Design experience in the aerospace, automotive or mechanical engineering fields.
- Advanced drafting skills and working knowledge of drawings.
- Full understanding of the model-based definition of the product.
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.41-2012, ASME Y14.41-2012 and ASME Y14.5-2009 (or similar standards) symbols and definition methods, such as Geometry Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Proficient in SolidWorks 3D CAD. Proficient in SolidWorks PDM is desired – Training will be provided if required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess good written and oral presentation skills and the ability to communicate ideas effectively to coworkers, senior management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you are ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.