LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Structures Assemblers with aerospace assembly experience for an opportunity in Charleston, South Carolina.
• Complex production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment, and accessories using manual operations.
• Utilization of comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components.
• Thorough knowledge of aircraft structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
• Operation of unique aircraft tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
• Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to execute complex structures work, including but not limited to pull holes, match & back drilling, fastener removals, riveting, sleeve bolt drilling, and system, wire, and tube installations.
• Reads and interprets engineering drawings, technical orders, process specifications, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 10 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
10+ years of on-aircraft heavy structural experience
5+ years in an MRO/Repair Station/AOG//Travel MODS environment
5+ years of experience removing and restoring aircraft assemblies aerospace experience in cabin systems interiors (ex. galleys, lavatories, stowage, first and business class seats, interior liners, etc.)
1+ years of aerospace, fabrication, or manufacturing experience working with decorative finishes.
Experience specialized in design and/or analysis of aircraft interior modifications
Required technical skills include file, sand, paint, decorative laminate (“declam”), and cosmetic rework (ex. paint color match, surface texture match, etc.)
Basic qualifications above and the following
10+ years of Aerospace, Fabrication, or Manufacturing experience
2+ years of composites experience
2+ years of Velocity and Redars experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.