Aircraft Painter – Painter 3
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Aircraft Painters for an opportunity in Melbourne, Florida
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Aircraft Painter oversees aircraft and its sub-assemblies painting and sealing process including surface preparation, masking, and chemicals handling. May include limited duties of paint and sealant application.
- Prepare surfaces to be painted or sealed as requested by the working instructions using abrasives, solvents, and brushes.
- Installs masking for strips or other aircraft painting detail.
- May perform sealant application assuring compliance with technical and quality requirements.
- May assist with application or installation of logos, symbols, or designs on painted surfaces, according to blueprint specifications, using measuring instruments, stencils, and patterns.
- Ensures the use of appropriate technical references and tools in performing paint and sealing duties.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance of all currently used painting or sealing equipment.
- Sets up ladders and scaffolding according to regulations and aircraft requirement.
- Ensures all Federal and local environmental and OSHA/TOSHA regulations are complied with.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School or GED familiar
- 7+ years of aircraft painting experience.
- Knowledge of preparation and painting of aircraft, support equipment, and allied components.
- Safety procedures for Chemicals handling.
- Knowledge of blueprints and painting diagrams.
- Strong ability on paint spraying
- Understand technical management and quality assurance procedures.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State, and Federal regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.