* REMOTE POSITION – CANDIDATE MUST BE BASED IN SEATTLE, WA
Reporting to the SVP, Commercial Sales, the Director of Sales will be responsible for all facets of sales management with a focus on Professional skillsets (Engineering, Program Mgt, Supply Chain, Leadership, Executive, etc.). As a key leader within the Commercial Sales organization at LAUNCH, the Director of Sales will have a direct impact on the organization’s success.
The Director of Sales will be responsible for implementing the corporate sales strategy to meet new business targets for revenue growth through effective management of the sales planning process and the team of sales professionals. In addition, the Director of Sales will participate in corporate planning, budget setting, and strategic direction including services, markets, and channels.
The Director of Sales will focus on new business development and account management driving year-over-year sales growth. Through collaborative leadership you will coordinate and promote a healthy team environment with other department members, as well as internal and external partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Prospect, lead, and close big deals within identified strategic targets
- Conceptualize and implement strategies to achieve new business development and sales growth within existing accounts
- Develop the corporate sales strategy and annual sales plan to meet budgeted revenue and margin goals including new business targets for revenue growth; a comprehensive account penetration strategy; a competitive pricing strategy that drives margin growth and duration
- Manage to budget revenue and expense plans
- Develop and refine repeatable sales process, reporting and forecasting sales pipeline activity
- Develop daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales success metrics and measurements that are captured in the CRM
- Identify and penetrate new customers and new market segments
- Reinvigorate the commercial relationships that were in place in the Pacific Northwest region prior to Covid-19.
- Coordinate non-professional opportunities with the appropriate member of the LAUNCH Sales team, while focusing the majority of effort on growth opportunities for Professional skills.
- Effectively probe and collect needs requirements from clients and deliver accurate and timely customer requirements to the Fulfillment and Delivery organizations
- Lead and strategize on commercial negotiations with clients within scope of the role
- Prepare and deliver proposals and presentations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service – Manages difficult customer/contractor situations; Responds promptly to customer/contractor needs: Solicits customer/contractor feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal – Listen to others; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality: Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Ability to hire internally – to ensure team is fully staffed with the team members are able to grow into advanced roles and ensure their team’s individual success.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. As a qualified candidate, you have proven business development skills with a successful track record to prospect, lead, and close big deals in a Staffing organization. You must be a strategic thinker and have strong leadership capabilities. You understand the evolving needs of clients in the marketplace as they relate to staffing; and have a strong understanding of LAUNCH’s value proposition. Individual should have existing relationships with a broad base of potential new LAUNCH customers.
Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficient in MS Office applications capable of clear and powerful client presentations, communications, and analytics. Competent in LAUNCH Applicant Tracking System and how these systems drive the LAUNCH business process.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, contractors, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.