Structures Technician III
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Structures Technician with experience performing repairs on on commercial aircraft for an opportunity in Colorado Springs, CO.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a Structural Technician III, you will be using your skills and expertise to perform variety of our operations procedures to assemble and/or create major assembly structures and minor part-fitting operations. You’ll translate blueprints into fabrications of structural assemblies to include basic layout, precision drilling, countersinking and the use of calibrated tools, align parts on jigs and aerospace vehicles using templates and fixtures perform part-fitting operations such as filing, sawing, burring, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling and reaming and measure parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions. You’ll also be responsible for modifying incomplete and complete assemblies and incorporating the changes into the structure, monitoring and verifying quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures, performing various maintenance duties and ensuring appropriate representation and communications occur between team members, team leads, quality control and engineering.
- Be on time and ready to work at assigned start time.
- Follow through with tasks assigned by leads.
- Communicate any build needs to leads.
- (Avionics) Ring out harnesses before install.
- Short stamp any work that is started but not complete during the shift.
- Stamp work when complete.
- Have QA inspect work before the end of shift or beginning of the next shift if QA is unavailable.
- Provide leads with a detailed turnover of work accomplished.
- Clean work area (in aircraft / bench / toolbox).
- Ensure FOD barriers are in use and secured.
- Make sure ALL connectors have ESD Caps.
- Place in work kits in the correct bins at the end of shift.
- Charge time to correct charge codes.
- Ensure common stock and DQCI tracking is correct.
- Target to have work inspected once, with no rejects.
- Take pride in your work.
- Ask questions. Do not assume anything if direction is unclear.
- Mentor/train fellow technicians.
- Communication to Leads/Management when personal schedule conflicts.
- Work to our SNC established policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and typically 5 or more years of relevant experience
- A higher-level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Ability to understand and interpret applicable technical schematics, diagrams, blueprints, manuals and/or publications; ability to complete installations per technical drawings while maintaining edge distance and pitch
- Progressive experience with structure assembly, minor part fitting techniques and repair and refinishing such as airframe corrosion removal, as applicable
- Ability to install various fasteners such as rivets and hi-locks
- Previous experience with Boeing 737
- Previous experience with structural modifications
- Extreme attention to detail in regards to tolerances less than .010
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense, or US Militar
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards. Pay Rate: $22.50-60/Hr.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.