LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Material Handler for an opportunity in Monroe, Washington.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Material Handler is responsible for shipment of finished goods to our customers. This position requires forklift operation, good carpentry skills, and use of power hand tools. Utilizes PC to perform duties. This position supports the Shipping and Receiving departments daily activities as directed and the specific requirements of the Customer, within approval guidelines and procedures established by the management.
- Receives shipments of incoming materials.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Select appropriate packaging materials and container per customer requirements.
- Routes outgoing shipments through various means of transportation.
- Completes applicable paperwork such as, customs invoice, bills of lading, and barcode labels.
- Pulls parts from stores, routes parts to staging area for shipment.
- Maintains shipment history files.
- Routes paperwork to contracts and accounting after shipment of goods.
- Supports Management as directed.
- Performs data entry.
- Files Logistics Department documents.
- Operation of machine after start to ensure proper loading. Stop machine at detection of a machine, blade, or quality issue.
- Perform work instructions and standard work and follow directions.
- Verify part conformance using standard measuring tools.
- Ability to read and interpret drawing.
- Meet all predetermined job times and communicate to appropriate personal when questions, problems with equipment/machine.
- Recognize production problems and concerns.
- Under supervision learn how to adjust saw speeds and feeds for various materials.
- Performs proper time recording in ERP systems.
- Perform typical machine shop operations.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Perform inspection of machined products (including documentation of results).
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirement:
- Motivated, dependable individual who exhibits strong attention to detail and arrives on time for start of shift.
- Ability to adhere to a flexible and demanding schedule that may result in short days, short-notice unscheduled overtime, or additional weekend shifts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with or proficient in Word, Excel, and keyboarding.
- Experience in the use of hand and power tools such as hammer, drills, nail, and staple guns, etc.
- Approved training in forklift operation.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Must pass pre-employment BG check and urinalysis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.