Storage Mechanic - Junior Mechanic
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Storage Mechanics with commercial line maintenance experience for an opportunity in Marana, AZ.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Storage Mechanics will maintain, inspect, repair, modify, overhaul and troubleshoot commercial aircraft in compliance with policies, manuals, procedures and requirements.
Basic Long term storage:
- Pickle engines, APU
- Remove and store all ELT, flashlight and emergency light batteries
- Interior and exterior protection
- Cover flight deck windows
- Cover PAX windows
During Long Term Storage:
- May be robbing parts for aircraft in service like flight controls, landing gear, engines and LRU’s
- Perform weekly and monthly inspection, rotate tires, motor engines if not pickled, operate hydraulics and move flight controls and lift augmentation surfaces, exercise landing gear struts, etc.
- De-pickle engines, perform engine runs
- Reinstall charged batteries removed for preservation
- Perform full aircraft systems operational checks and support test flights
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have 5+ years commercial MRO experience.
- Current A&P license preferred (6 months of documented experience within the last 2 years).
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?