Accounts Payable Specialist
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist for an opportunity in Marana, AZ.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Matches invoices with purchase orders and reviews for correct quantities, unit price, taxes, documented receiving (of materials and/or services), and vendor terms.
- Codes and vouchers invoices into payables system prior to issuing of checks
- Selects invoices to pay, generates printing of checks, sorts and batches checks with invoices.
- Statement reconciliation; Researches and resolves problem invoices and vendor inquiries; communicating by use of telephone calls and/or Outlook email function.
- Processes printing of checks for payment; verifying invoice amounts are correct.
- Utilizes RNI report and Receiving report for transactions not processed.
- Audit debt payments and insurance schedules.
- Prepares monthly accruals for unrecognized liabilities.
- Prepares expense analysis as required.
- Prepares weekly AP aging schedule for the Controller and CFO.
- Works closely with Purchasing and Materials Department to establish better practices and improve response time.
- Takes action to improve processes and eliminate inefficiencies.
- Negotiates payment terms and credit limits with vendors.
- Perform general accounting duties as needed.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum five years experience in bookkeeping, accounting or business office working with accounts payable records, including familiarity with general ledger coding and AP reconciliation.
- Experience with an ERP system is required and previous experience with Quantum Control Database software is a plus, but not necessary.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and be comfortable working within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; strong attention to detail and numerical skills; knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping theories and practices; basic Excel skills; ability to read, write and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction; ability to operate applicable equipment with accuracy and speed; ability to work without supervision.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program.
Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?