LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Upholstery Technician with repair experience on corporate aircraft for an opportunity in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Upholstery Technicians will have advanced knowledge of upholstered items found in aircraft interiors. Modifications, sewing, repair, refurbishment, and reinstallation of interior components are primary functions. Evaluate and adjust on modifications essential. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Upholstery Supervisor May be required to work independently..
- Perform major modifications to seats and related items as required.
- Possess a working familiarity with different seat styles typical to aircraft.
- Work independently on projects when required.
- Work independently when required.
- Perform complete upholstery refurbishment of aircraft seats from start to finish. Such duties include inspection , disassembly and assembly, prep work, foam work, patterning, sewing and installation of dress covers.
- Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
- Cleanliness of shop and surroundings.
- Assist with training to ensure job knowledge and performance of lesser-experienced employees.
- Diagnose seat problems in and out of the aircraft and perform necessary corrective actions.
- Possess a thorough understanding of FAA flammability requirements for all materials used.
- Complete all required paperwork per work order book.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 3 - 5 years’ experience on aircraft upholstery.
- Knowledge of materials and foams used in aviation.
- Knowledge of repairs and techniques used on various seat styles.
- 1 - 2 years heavy modifications preferred.
- Self-motivated and able to maintain a rapid pace.
- Process work with minimal supervision.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?