LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Structural Engineer for an opportunity in Louisville, CO.
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for performing structural analysis, using finite element methods and hand calculations. You will be assigned structural analysis tasks that may include structural sizing for primary and secondary structure, non-conformance evaluations, mass trade studies, test analysis, model correlation, and conceptual level studies.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Support the development of Thermal Protection Systems (TPS) for the Dream Chaser Cargo System through structural analysis, using both finite element methods and hand calculations
- Proficiency with FEMAP/NASTRAN analysis tools and methods
- Proficiency with MATLAB programming and automation (desired)
- Knowledge of TPS materials (such as AETB tile and strain isolation pads) and their unique characteristics (desired)
- The analysts will work with test engineers to develop full-scale test conditions that successfully envelop flight conditions for critical failure modes.
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
- Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
- Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost, and schedule requirements
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering or other related discipline and typically 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Understanding of engineering principles and practices
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Experience to Static and/or Dynamic Analyses
- Experience in Engineering Simulation using Finite Element structural analysis (FEA) tools such as MSC Patran, Nastran, FEMAP, or ANSYS
- Experience performing fatigue and damage tolerance analysis utilizing tools such as NASGRO or AFGROW
- Ability to perform classical analysis using industry standard hand calculation methods
- Knowledge of industry-standard mechanical design principles, to include, but not limited to parametric design, model-based definition, material hardware selection, manufacturing and production processes
- Ability to author substantiation reports
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.