Sr. Electrical Engineer - Aircraft Power Systems
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Electrical Engineer for an opportunity in Englewood, CO.
This position is for an Electrical Engineer with aircraft power systems experience; working on an aircraft modification program for special mission purposes. The aircraft modification includes integration of a new system into the existing power distribution system. The position will require a strong understanding of existing aircraft power distribution and best methods and practices for integrating into the existing system, designing control circuits, specifying new power components, all while adhering to FAR Part 25 regulations.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or other related discipline and typically 10 or more years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Proficient skills with database based drawing software (Zuken E3, Capital Harness, etc.)
- Experience composing and analyzing Electrical Load Analysis (ELA) as it pertains to aircraft
- Experience with aircraft power distribution design – Power conversion for 115VAC ,60HZ, 400HZ, 28VDC, power control circuits, load shedding understanding, and logic gate architecture.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Design experience expanding or modifying aircraft power distribution to accommodate for new systems
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required.
- Familiarity with MIL-E-7016
- Familiarity with FAR Part 25 regulations
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Familiarity with design requirements related to High Intensity Radiated Field (HIRF) and Indirect Effects of Lightning (IEL)
- Knowledge of industry-standard electrical design principles, to include, but not limited to model-based definition, electrical component selection, manufacturing, and production processes
- Familiar with Electro Magnetic Effects (EME) to include, Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI)
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.