Mechanical System Design & Analysis Engineer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Mechanical System Design & Analysis Engineer for an opportunity in Berkeley, MO
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Supports the development and documentation of mechanical and fluid system and thermal environment. Supports the development, maintenance or modification of system designs/proposals to provide design documentation and high-level requirements to downstream users/customers. Performs limited detail design development and modification of mechanical and fluid system installations. Supports team in performing spatial integration at system or component level and modification of mechanisms/landing gear/ordinance systems. Assists in preparing technical documents for mechanical components and systems. Assists in supporting proposal preparation and new business development efforts. Works under close supervision.
- Create new 3-dimensional layouts for a wide variety of mechanical support equipment (SE) in Unigraphics NX
- Perform detail drawing / design development and modification of structural components and assemblies
- Make engineering design decisions on materials, material processes, finishes, components, and assembly
- Modify or develop and release detail designs, via model based definition or 2-D drawings and parts lists via Teamcenter
- Support internal, informal peer reviews and formal design reviews with USAF and USN customers, as needed
- Perform technical support of manufacturing / fabrication, typically at local suppliers, as needed
- Assist in informal testing of support equipment, including aircraft and/or component physical and functional interface, as needed
- Learn quickly with mentoring / assistance from other design engineers
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Some familiarity with mechanical engineering design
- Some experience with CAD (computer aided design) modeling
- Ability to work flexible hours and occasional overtime
- Experience with creating mechanical engineering drawings and/or drawing changes
- Experience in creating 3-D models in CAD
- Experience with a PDM, such as Teamcenter
- Experience working in a team setting
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you are ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?