Structures & Payload Design Engineer 2
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Structures & Payload Design Engineer 2 for an opportunity in Hazelwood, MO
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists to develop, integrate and document structural and interior payload system requirements to establish the system design. Develops, maintains and modifies basic structural and interior payload system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle. Performs tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications. Assists with supplier development, test and production activities and coordination with the supplier to optimize the design and achieve program goals. Supports investigation of emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements. Works under general supervision.
- Engineering reach back to the prime organization, mechanical, structural, manufacturing engineering and systems engineering.
- Develop recommendations for supplier related issues and coordinate with Supplier Management.
- Implement design changes on spares configurations and new manufacturing processing.
- Develop and implement continuous improvements plans to provide more efficiencies in spares design and fabrication that provide value to Boeing and the customer.
- Develop and implement plans to improve supplier coordination to ensure compliance with the requirements.
- Assists in Model Based Definition activities, converting 2D drawings to 3D models.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Engineering experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience using the following Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools: Teamcenter & Unigraphics
- Experience working with or supporting military aircraft
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects and programs
- Experience working in a cross functional environment
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you are ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?