Pay: $21-$26 per hour, depending on experience
Shift: 2nd, Monday – Friday 4:30PM-1AM
Diesel Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform basic tractor/trailer general maintenance and repairs, including, but not limited to welding.
- May need to drive tractor/trailer in/out of the shop or through facility parking lot.
- Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Perform preventative maintenance (PM's), electrical, suspension, and airbrake repairs, and run diagnostics on the fleet.
- Ability to speak, write and comprehend the English language in accordance with all safety-related regulations and product specifications to avoid product contaminations in addition to processing paperwork for invoicing, billing, etc.
- Skilled in medium duty and heavy duty truck diagnostics and general repair work
- Freightliner, Detroit, Mercedes, Cummins, Meritor, Eaton, and Sprinter needed
- Computer diagnostics on heavy trucks and engines
- Ability to problem solve and work on your own in a team environment
- Ability to work well with others
- Customer service is a priority
- Other duties as required to support operations.
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications and Requirements:
- Equivalent of High School Diploma or GED and 3+ year's diesel mechanic experience.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, spending time bending, climbing and stooping.
- Must have own set of tools
- Must have steel toe boots
- Must be able to pass NON DOT Drug Screen
- Must be able to pass CRIM County Level
- Must have valid Driver's License