Contract to Hire 120 days
Shift: Sun/Mon – Thurs/Fri 11PM – 7AM (5-day static schedule)
Pay rate: hourly wage would be: $26.09/hour which includes a 3rd shift differential of ($0.30/hour)
Maintenance “B” Mechanic (Diesel/CNG) Position
May be required to report to a different local location from time to time.
Description: Heavy Duty Diesel Fleet Mechanic
Repairing and maintaining tractors and trailers for the Traffic Center.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
• 3 - 5+ years mechanical experience on trailers and tractors
• CDLA license preferred (but not required)
• Experience on Preventive Maintenance processes on heavy duty equipment
• Experience on diagnosing and trouble-shooting most repairs
• Minor welding
• Must be a team player and exhibit a strong ability to work with others (individuals and teams)
• Ability to work against and meet tight deadlines
• Flexibility (short notice and changing priorities)
• Basic computer skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to receive performance feedback
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Able to lift 50 lbs. safely with ability to work on/under trucks for 8-10 hours per day
• Occasional overnight travel for training and meetings
• Must provide own tools (annual tool allowance provided)
• Preventive Maintenance on all equipment – priority to all tractors (CNG/Diesel)
• Equipment includes: Volvo tractors/Cummins engines/Trailers
• Timely entry of Garage Work Orders
• Quarterly parts inventory
• Daily work order completion through the World Class Maintenance System (WCMS)
• Cross shift communication/Shift hand-offs
• Other duties as required or assigned by Lead/Traffic management
• Occasional flex schedule to cover open days/shifts
• Overtime as required
These roles would be for heavy-duty repair/maintenance in either capacity dependent on location needs:
• B-Level technicians: Responsibilities for both tractor and trailer repair and maintenance (tractors may be diesel and/or compressed natural gas tractors)
• C-level technicians: Responsibilities primarily for trailers/dollies
We are looking for 2 technicians that would support tractor and trailer repair/maintenance.
• Priority is filling immediate vacancy which is Sun/Mon – Thurs/Fri 11PM – 7AM (5-day static schedule)
• The base hourly wage would be: $26.09/hour which includes a 3rd shift differential of ($0.30/hour)
Our goal is to find folks who would be looking for permanent placement if their performance matched company expectations. There is also opportunity for internal promotion growth long-term as the technicians evolve in skill set.
We also offer unbeatable benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement savings benefits including 401(k) with company contribution, vacation days and much more.
• You are at least 18 years of age or older
• You will be required to work on weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
• You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
This should give you an idea of what managers are seeking:
• Customer Service
• Safety Focused:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.