Software Engineer - Networking and Infrastructure (NI)
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Software Engineer for an opportunity in Arlington, TX.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Must have Secret Clearance
The successful candidate will support integration and configuration of computational system architecture and software for real-time simulation applications
• Entry level engineers will support functional requirements implementation for software systems
• Create new simulation models using established and new modeling techniques
• Design, develop, code, integrate and test simulation software to meet requirements
• Troubleshoot and maintain existing simulation models
• Apply software engineering principles to complete assigned tasks and schedule commitments
• Complete work with a reasonable amount of direction
• Must possess the ability to work within and positively contribute to a team environment
• Apply sound engineering principles, develop innovative solutions and participate in design reviews
• Prepare, check and coordinate release of support documentation to appropriate program and company standards
• Communicate status/issues along with solutions/recommendations to lead engineers
• Experience designing and developing software to an ICD (Interface Control Document)
• Experience working in large software systems
• Experience debugging complicated software issues
• Experience developing scripts to automate repetitive file editing tasks
• Integration and Test experience in a collaborative team environment
• Knowledge of compiler differences and ability to modify software for a specific compiler
• Required Languages: C++, Ada, Perl
• Required Operating Systems: Linux
• Experience working with RTOS (Real-time Operating Systems)
• Experience porting large software systems to new platforms
• Experience developing embedded software for defense applications
• Experience working with MIL-STD-1553 and/or ARINC interfaces
• Experience using gdb or other live debugging tools
• Experience in flight simulation (preferred)
• Knowledge of computer networking standards (Ethernet)
• Experience using Rational ClearCase
• Experience in assembly language programming (any processor)
• Active DoD SECRET or higher clearance
• Desired: FORTRAN, Python
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.