Winder Kitter Operator - Weekday PM
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Weekeday PM Shift Winder Kitter Operator for an opportunity in Newport, Washington.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
A Winder Kitter is responsible for operating equipment to produce graphite or fiberglass unidirectional prepreg (skins), then to cut the skins into 0/90 oriented kits of material for use as face sheet plies of honeycomb sandwich panels.
Must follow the steps outlined in the production work to formulate each product. Each step of the word order must be completed, and in-process quality checks must be performed. This position reports to the Winder Production Supervisor.
- Prepare and operate winders per manufacturing specifications.
- Verify and withdraw materials, paying attention to expiration dates. May be required to thin resin as needed.
- Align sheets of skins into a 0/90 configuration.
- Apply materials to the skins specified on the work order.
- Cut kits to finished size specified on the work order.
- Maintain correct storage conditions for finished products.
- Cross train or transfer to other departments as needed.
- Other task as needed, and flexibility is key.
- Overtime required as needed.
- Have a sincere desire to work and be able to work independently or with a team to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 2+ years relevant, steady work history is preferred, manufacturing a plus.
- Good basic math skills.
- Speak/read/write English proficiently.
- Legible handwriting/printing.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks/priorities.
- Criminal background check and drug screen to be completed and passed for all positions.
- This position is an ITAR governed position.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs with assistance.
- Overtime may be required; willingness and ability to work OT is required.
- No tools required.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?