Light Helicopter Mechanic
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Light Helicopter Mechanic with helicopter repair experience for an opportunity in Mesa, Arizona.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Light Helicopter Mechanic performs work on assigned aircraft including assembly, repair, and modification of mechanical assemblies and subassemblies adhering to FAA guidelines.
- Bench assembles, and installs major mechanical components and systems on aircraft
- Performs functional test of mechanical components and systems on aircraft
- Corrects discrepancies using information from engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, or other documents as required
- Uses manufacturing planning, written instructions, schematics, blueprints, and other applicable technical data to assemble, install or replace aircraft components
- Uses manufacturing shop stamp or test stamp to sign off completed work to include manufacturing planning, test procedures, inspection discrepancy records, product assurance records and applicable program documentation
- Maintain a clean, safe, and healthy work area
Qualifications and requirements:
- 5+ years of aircraft repair experience.
- A&P license highly preferred.
- Must have Aviation mechanical experience either fixed wing or rotorcraft.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawing and technical publications.
- Ability to use and maintain various pieces of ground support and test equipment.
- The ability to understand and follow instructions and the ability to concentrate is required.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to get along with others or to be part of a team.
- Access to Export Control Information.
- Regular attendance at the worksite.
- This job requires a minimum of high school education and 3 or more years work-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors, and fumes.
- Occasionally required to lift to 20 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
- Must be interested in direct hire.
- Current A&P license preferred (6 months of documented experience within the last 2 years).
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?