LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Logistics Operator for an opportunity in La Vergne, Tennessee.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a combination of warehouse, shipping and/or receiving tasks, and inspection, as well as tracks company inventory. Perform basic tasks regarding the receiving process
- Receive Intercompany PO’s
- Perform the Volume and Manifest transactions
- Research information pertaining to incoming shipments.
- Put away of parts to stock
- Perform basic tasks regarding the shipping process
- Arrange delivery of parts offsite or customer pick up.
- Generate shipping documentation, including AWB (airway bill), invoice, SLI (Shippers Letters of Instructions) and other. • Manual shipments.
- Perform “Skip Lot” and UOM conversions.
- Domestic and International shipping.
- Perform basic tasks in warehouse organization and management • Analyze basic material movements to locate parts, serial number, and quantity change.
- Perform stock transfers and labeling, as well as parts packing and re-packing when needed.
- Perform cycle counts and re-counts.
- Return of stock material re-certified/repaired.
- May be required to manage shipping and receiving of hazardous material.
- Handles emergencies (such as no SAP, parts expediting, panic ticket system).
- May be required to manage hazardous material documentation, and international paperwork.
- Suggests improvements on activities, processes, and tasks.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School/ GED required
- FLSA Non-Exempt, Intermediate Level Service, Production or Support Worker role requiring basic skills to perform most of the standard tasks within the function.
- 1-3 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Assignments require basic knowledge of a technical or functional area.
- Rapid learning and application of new information and concepts within the functional area takes place.
- Ability to multi-task, multi-functional, and a team player.
- Forklift certified and ability to operate machinery and power-tools
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving functions
- Knowledge of inventory systems and methods
- User knowledge of Excel, and Microsoft Word
- Able to navigate through SAP
- Valid Driver License is required
- Housekeeping duties and maintenance of clean work area (i.e., always keep warehouse area clean and neat).
- Must be able to keep standards of productivity and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?