Line Tech 1
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Line Maintenance A&P Mechanics with corporate jet repair and modification experience for an opportunity in East Alton, Illinois.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This hourly, non-exempt position requires a basic knowledge of aircraft servicing and handling. The job includes varying amounts of fueling, ground support, and aircraft movement. Vehicle and facility maintenance and upkeep are routine functions. FAA, OSHA, EPA, and other safety rules must be followed. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Supervisor in charge.
Project / Work Scope:
- Perform aircraft fueling per Customer procedures, following all safety guidelines.
- Towing and ground handling of aircraft using approved aircraft guidelines.
- Parking aircraft and providing customer support for passengers and crew.
- Provide background support such as vehicle maintenance, taking fuel loads from suppliers, and daily upkeep of the facility.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Must perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration, OSHA, and EPA guidelines.
- Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
- Maintain customer-oriented work habits.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Most of the work will be on the ramp in all types of weather conditions.
- Work outside during aircraft taxiing will occur.
- Varied positions in and around the aircraft.
- Will have work inside line equipment storage area.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Airframe and Powerplant License required.
- Aircraft specific factory training preferred.
- Prior experience aircraft maintenance (Falcon, Embraer, Challenger, Global, Bombardier, Embraer, Citation, Textron, Piaggio)
- FAA paperwork, work orders preferred.
- Must have current driver's license with NO violations.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Self-motivated and able to maintain a rapid pace.
- People oriented work style.
- Capable of working with guidance.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs., including fueling hoses.
- Routine walking, bending, and squatting or sitting.
- Routine or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
- Fueling or servicing aircraft from a ladder.
- Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines.
- Must be alert and aware of surroundings.
- Ability to work with others in a professional manner.
- Very good customer skills.
- Will work under supervision of assigned Supervisor and Line Manager.
- May be required to work independently on occasion.
- Tools provided by facility.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.