1st Shift Maintenance Mechanic
1st Shift Maintenance Mechanic
We are currently looking to hire a full time maintenance mechanic for our 1st shift manufacturing facility in Addison, IL. The role pays up to 25/hour and can interview and start ASAP.
Summary Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, and physical structures for facility by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with Leads or operators to diagnose problem or repair machine.
Studies blueprints, sketches, machine parts or specifications to trouble shoot down equipment.
Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
Empties chip barrels and chip hoppers.
Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
Lays out, assembles, installs, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair machine tools.
- Primarily assist in machine shop repairs and maintenance services to CNC Machines and other manufacturing equipment.
- Performs service, troubleshooting and or repairs to processing equipment and their operating mechanisms.
- Ability to learn the functions and operations of all machine shop equipment. Provide support for all mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Interface daily with Machine Shop Supervisor to keep higher level management personnel informed of all mission related requirements progress and to receive directives as needed.
- Maintains accurate records of preventive maintenance schedules.
- Know and follow company policies and maintain the highest level of professionalism ethics a compliance at all times.
- Repairs all types of production equipment by interfacing with the operator and or department lead to determine the problem and correct or fix the issue.
- Perform other special projects and other duties assigned.
- Provide support to other areas such as cleaning, metal scrap removal from machine shop with forklift.
- Performs routine maintenance on production equipment.
- Maintains oil room in clean and orderly conditions
- Perform weekly safety checks thoughts the facility to ensure a safe and clean environment for the patrons of the facility and to eliminate all hazards.
- Makes minor plumbing repairs, as necessary.
- Monitors and replaces light bulbs in all assigned facilities, as needed.
- Solicits bids and quotes from vendors.
- Assists with maintaining building security and immediately responds to building emergencies on a 24- hour’s basis.
- Monitors contractor performance and work closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- Performs basic electrical work and determines when an electrician is required.
- Performs immediate cleaning duties necessary to maintain clean facility.
- Perform other maintenance duties as assigned by the Machine Supervisor.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Design – Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management – Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.