Journey Level Power Generation Tech
Pay: $30-$36 per hour, depending on experience
Shift: Mon. – Fri. 7AM-3PM
Journey Level Generation Technician Duties:
- Troubleshoot & repair AC and DC controls and equipment such as engine controllers, Automatic Voltage Regulators, battery chargers, block heaters, automatic transfer switches and switchgear.
- Comply with Company and Department procedural guidelines/memos as directed.
- Work in a safe manner, following company safety policies, on-site customer safety policies and regulatory policies.
- Determine generator condition by conducting inspections & diagnostic tests.
- Identify and repair problems with electrical and mechanical systems.
- Perform load bank test, calculate KW for testing.
- Complete tune-ups and/or the repairs identified during the diagnostic process.
- Troubleshoot & repair diesel and gaseous engines.
- Conduct up-fit modifications to new power generation equipment.
- Load test batteries, check and repair charging systems.
- Verify generator performance by conducting tests, adjusting controls & systems as needed.
- Maintain records with an accurate documentation of service and repairs.
- Use good judgment to maintain a safe & organized work environment.
- Keep company tools and equipment operating by following operating instructions Knowledge.
Journey Level Generation Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- 4+ years’ experience and/or training in power generation field – electrical experience
- Associates Degree (AA) from a college or technical school (preferred)
- Must have own set of tools.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Daily travel up to 95% of the time with occasional overnight travel up to 1 week periods
- Washington State 07 electrical license
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, emails, typing, etc.)
- Must work /communicate well with electricians, contractors, site managers.
Benefits include a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account participation, Paid Time Off (“PTO”), as well as company-paid holidays, and a generous 401K match program.