Maintenance Tech I
School Bus Technician
LAUNCH TransTechs is looking for a School Bus Technician in Arlington, VA to diagnose malfunctions and perform vehicle repairs in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines.
Shift: Sun – Thurs either 5AM – 1PM or 8AM to 4PM
Pay: up to $30 per hour
Maintenance Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine and preventative maintenance on school buses.
- Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.).
- Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
- Ensures proper work methods and techniques.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State/Provincial and local regulations, requirements, standards and specifications and company policies.
- Maintain a safe, clean and productive work area.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Maintenance Technician Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED & 5 years Med/Hvy truck Fleet mechanic repair experience
- Must furnish own tools and steel toe boots.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
- ASE Certification desirable but not required.
- CDL preferred, but not required.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.