LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Machine Operator (Machinist) with experience running a CNC Mill for an opportunity in Monroe, Washington.
The Machine Operator 2 operates numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate aerospace parts per engineering specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and informs lead person of discrepancies
- Performs work instructions with the exception of set up procedures
- Thoroughly inspects first part run
- Meets job standard times with minimal supervision
- Recognizes production problems and informs supervisor
- Increases understanding of basic machine language, including M-codes and G-codes
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications using standard measuring tools
- Reads and interprets manufacturing drawings
- Performs miscellaneous duties in the machine shop as directed when supervisor is unavailable for training
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates a good attitude toward work and arrives on time for start of shift
- Properly uses basic measuring tools (calipers, micrometer, indicators, etc.)
- Follows instructions and demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Communicates well verbally and in writing
- Mechanically inclined, with good manual dexterity
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Strong skills and aptitude in math
- Ability to perform basic functions with MS Windows-based computer operating systems, such as opening and closing files
- One-year on-the-job experience
- Completion of aptitude test during interview process
- Completion of vocational or college training in machine shop (Certificate of Completion of basic machining course)
- Lifting up to 40 pounds
- Continuous standing and walking throughout the workday
- Use of computer keyboard and mouse
- The Machine Operator 2 works in the machine shop environment throughout the workday; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vapor from coolant, etc.
- Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives, and other chemicalsmay occur, as well as possible skin and inhaled contact with chemicals used to run CNC machines or clean manufactured parts, including solvents and acetone
- Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.