Aerospace Engineer – Flight Simulator
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Aerospace Engineer for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
Reports to Manager – Simulator Engineering. Performs software troubleshooting, research, design, testing and integration of changes to ensure Delta’s simulators are compliant with FAA mandated requirements and pilot/maintenance training needs. Act as project manager during the building of new simulators and vendor supported modifications. Performs acceptance of new simulators, supports the recurrent qualification of simulators. Designs and integrates modifications to simulators to ensure commonality with the aircraft fleet.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related degree strongly preferred. Significant technical training and experience in flight simulation required.
- Demonstrated superior analytical, mathematical, organizational, decision making and administrative skills, and capability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated superior technical leadership, mentoring and judgment.
- Demonstrated superior ability to be self-directed and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated superior verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing. Demonstrated superior ability to perform with a high level of accuracy and self- guidance with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated overall understanding and application of FAA requirements and regulations. Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts. Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Demonstrated ability to read and interpret aircraft and simulator schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of real-time simulation, host computer architecture and language, operating systems, programming languages, and peripheral devices.
- Demonstrated superior ability to read and comprehend complex technical concepts associated with flight simulation.
- Programming experience in languages such as Fortran and C/C++.
- Able to use MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated superior ability to communicate with and provide feedback to Managers, team members, customers and other affected parties regarding project status so all parties are effectively informed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match.