Aircraft Support Mechanic
Aircraft Support Mechanic II
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Aircraft Support Mechanics with experience performing minor maintenance and repairs on commercial aircraft for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs various tasks using appropriate equipment to assist mechanics in technical and non-technical functions related to aircraft component handling and repairs. May require other non-technical functions as developed. Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Plasma, HVDF, Cold spray, Thermal spray, High pressure water stripping experience preferred but not required.
- Must pass job related tests which are designed to determine aptitudes and abilities to perform essential job functions. Tests are administered based on Delta’s protocol and procedures. While this is not a comprehensive list, some tests will cover the ability to read electronic schematics, identify electronic components, discuss electronic circuit operation, and operate analog and digital.
- Any certifications in EPA refrigerants or experience are preferred.
- Must have at least 6 months of acceptable mechanical or 6 units/2-3 years vocational school experience (automotive, sheet metal or electrical/electronics).
- Ability to read and write English and the ability to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Requires candidates meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions including the ability to lift at least 70 pounds
- Must possess basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to aircraft systems.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, audiogram and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Looking for two A&P’s looking to eventually apply to be full time Delta FTE’s Need good work history and a current Airframe and Power Plant License
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.