Aviation Maintenance Technician II – Avionics
Aviation Maintenance Technician – Avionics
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs maintenance including but not limited to inspection, test, and repair of aircraft avionic/electronic components in an avionics bench repair environment in accordance with customer approved manuals and methods.
- Performs repairs to the component level e.g. transistor, resistor, capacitor, etc. replacement.
- Performs appropriate computer functions and provides documentation to ensure that maintenance records, parts tracking and costs may be accurately recorded.
- Must adhere to allpolicies and standards.
- Ensures a safe, clean and compliant work environment is maintained.
- Responsible for consistently practicing safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2 year’s experience troubleshooting electronics down to component level on circuit cards. (eg. Resisters, capacitors, diodes, transistors, IC Chips,)
- 2 year electrons degree., or Electronic engineering technology or FCC or other electronics focused licenses
- Working with electronic schematics.
- Various meters and back shop measuring devices: Oscilloscopes, Power supplies, Frequency generators and frequency counters, Automated test equipment (ATE), Consumer electronics experience is valued. (TV’s, radios, and other circuit devices that contain electronic circuit cards)
- Testing with specialized equipment.
- High reliability solder under a microscope.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.
The Aviation Maintenance Technician position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Candidate must have at least two years of bench avionics/electronics component repair experience or a minimum of 21 months of academic training specializing in avionics/electronics component repair. Candidate must pass Avionics Evaluation Test administered by Avionics management that measures the ability to read electronic schematics, identify electronic components, discuss electronic circuit operation and operate analog and digital meters. Additionally, candidate must also be able to obtain IPC-7711/7721 soldering certification through Module 5 within 12 months of assignment. Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) experience required.
FCC license is required.
Candidate must be able to read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals. Must be willing to work rotating or fixed shifts. Candidate must achieve a satisfactory score on the mechanical aptitude test which is structured to determine the ability to perform essential job functions. Should be able to meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions including the ability to lift up to 70 pounds. As required by the FAA for all persons in safety-sensitive positions, candidates selected for this position are required to pass an extensive background check, drug test, and hearing test.