LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Design Engineer for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA
The Design Analyst is responsible for the engineering, designing, and drafting of tools, gages, lifting devices, work platforms, taildocks, and fall restraint systems to support maintenance on our ground support equipment, aircraft fleets, components, and engine types throughout the operation. The Design Analyst must have experience in custom design of machinery, tools and prototypes that ensure full adherence to all safety and compliance regulations and standards. These models are utilized for functions including but not limited to Finite Element Analysis, CNC tool paths, 3-D printing and 2-D manufacturing drawings. Additionally, creative problem solving skills are required and are used to resolve complex repair problems in which a solution is undefined. The Design Analyst is a technical representative of Tooling Services.
A qualified applicant must be able to professionally interact with vendors, engineering firms, fabrication and machine shops, and departmental personal throughout the company. The Design Analyst must have both Mechanical and Structural skills. The Mechanical element includes the designing of jigs, fixtures and gaging. These tools are designed using manufacturer’s part prints, overhaul manual criteria, authorized repair documents, AD Notes and any other applicable information important to the function of the tool. The Structural element includes the design and analysis of maintenance work stands, taildocks and lifting/handling devices. All structural designs must adhere to all applicable standards such as those set forth by AISC (American Institute of Steel Construction), ANSI (American National Standards Institute), AWS D1.1 (Structural Welding Code) and SPM (Safety Policy Manual). The Design Analyst is also responsible for the review and implementation of OEM tool change bulletins.
Skills & Abilities
- B.S. in engineering or related scientific field. EE, IE, or CS preferred.
- At least five (5) years direct engineering work experience, two (2) of which in a design engineering role.
- Must possess working knowledge of electronic system design techniques and engineering specifications and drawings.
- CAD design capabilities are required including; the generation of 3-D solid models using Autodesk Inventor or Solid Works
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, critical thinker with project management skills. Knowledge of aircraft interior cabin electrical, avionics and entertainment systems.
- Solid understanding of industry standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Apply to be considered for this Design Engineer opportunity in Atlanta, GA.