LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Electrical Engineer for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA
Responsible for oversight of the certification process of major In-flight Entertainment and Connectivity related modifications. Maintains compliance with applicable FAA, DOT, ICAO, FDA, OSHA regulations and Delta’s Technical Operations Policy and Procedures (TOPP) pertaining to the development of equipment alterations. Requires understanding of STC and ODA processes. Understanding of how equipment alterations impact Manuals, Planning, Materials and Maintenance Programs is required. Experience with Owner Operator Produced Parts and PMA parts is preferred. Applicants must be able to interact with various departments and external suppliers and agencies, and negotiate solutions that are acceptable to each organization. Applicants must have excellent problem solving skills, ability to develop comprehensive action plans; and the ability to handle sensitive issues with appropriate discretion.
Skills & Abilities
- B.S. in engineering or related scientific field. EE, IE, or CS preferred.
- Minimum 6 months Electrical Engineering experience
- Strong computer skills including 2D/3D CAD systems and MS Office
- PLM experience is a plus
- Must be able to effectively utilize aircraft continued airworthiness data
- Previous work experience performing design engineering of products and systems used in In-Flight Entertainment or Avionics systems
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, critical thinker with project management skills. Knowledge of aircraft interior cabin electrical, avionics and entertainment systems.
- Solid understanding of industry standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.