LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Kitting Technician for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
Minimum/basic skills & qualifications an individual qualified for this position should possess.
• High school diploma or equivalent, completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset.
• Experience in performing Kitting in a manufacturing type of environment preferred.
• Familiarity with STC, Conformity, and PMA part requirements preferred
• Able to use manual hand tools (i.e. hammer, drill, pry bar, etc.)
• Previous forklift experience or the ability to learn how to operate forklifts
• Must be able to read and understand released engineering data, parts lists, drawings, test plans and service bulletins. • Must be a self-starter requiring minimum supervision and able to perform job assignments with a very high degree of accuracy.
• Should have knowledge of typical PC/business software applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Internet)
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact with a wide variety or people.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and maintain a high quality of work.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts to include overtime and weekends (as needed) in order to meet customer schedules and needs of other departments.
• High level of manual dexterity and detail orientation
• Able to manufacture aircraft interior parts and assemblies in accordance with released data.
• Good oral and written communication skills; able to read, comprehend and create written and verbal instructions in the English language
Under the direction of the Logistics Supervisor, the Kitting Clerk will assemble Aircraft Parts and interior Integration kits using released engineering design data and parts lists. Responsibilities will include insuring parts are at the correct revision level and complying with Conformity and PMA part requirements.
• Read and understand released engineering data to include parts lists, drawings, test plans and service bulletins.
• Maintain correct revision level of manufactured parts and parts lists.
• Ensure parts and installation kits are properly identified and labeled.
• Ensure proper certification paperwork is maintained with parts throughout kitting process.
• Perform work in a neat and organized manner within estimated or budgeted hours while maintaining high standards of quality.
• Operate necessary equipment for the packaging of parts and kits.
• Complete all required paperwork for kitting and certification.
• Safely operate forklifts (sit down and standup), pallet jacks and hand trucks.
• Perform all other duties assigned by Logistics Supervisor or Supply Chain Planning Manager.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in job turnovers. Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities (offsite / off-shift training) and continuous self-improvement through trade publications.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests (cross training), exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Comply with lean manufacturing principles and work with leads and supervisors to explore and implement best practices in the manufacturing process.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to DFP safety procedures and regulations.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.