LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is looking for dynamic candidates who are able to lead and inspire employees to reach goals and objectives while maintaining on time delivery and customer satisfaction. This position will report to the Manufacturing Manager.
Responsible for staffing, leading, and directing a team of supervisors and employees in the manufacturing of aircraft composites products. Maintain established standard of quality while meeting production schedules and controlling costs. Implement Lean Manufacturing principals and concepts. Monitor production levels and productivity in multiple departments and establish work center relevant metrics and reports. Provide direction to staff and redirect labor as necessary. Coordinate between day shift and night shift to ensure product flow and on time deliveries.
- Manage manufacturing operations while coordinating with multiple departments, including Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality Assurance on multiple shifts. Maintain staffing levels appropriate to the required manufacturing levels.
- Screen, interview, hire, train, conduct performance appraisals, coach, counsel, and discipline/terminate employees as necessary.
- Monitor production levels and productivity in multiple departments and take action to achieve operational and financial goals and objectives.
- Monitor and record operations for quality standards and take corrective action as needed.
- Ensure system transactions accurately reflect the flow of product through departments.
- Resolve operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Perform other job-related duties as required or directed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to, and be a proponent for change.
- Strong analytical and management skills, with ability and willingness to help set company policies.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure with limited time constraints.
- Basic computer skills (i.e. basic Microsoft Office).
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems desired.
- Proven Lean Manufacturing skills.
- Composite manufacturing experience strongly desired.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year college or university; and 5 years related experience or 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both education and experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.