LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Avionics Installer for an opportunity in Augusta, Georgia.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Avionics Installers test, install, and/or repairs electrical/avionics equipment and systems, including systems and controls contained in the flight compartment.
- Tests, installs, and/or repairs electrical/avionics equipment and systems, including systems and controls contained in the flight compartment. Routes wire throughout aircraft tying into both new and factory installed wire bundles, and may assist in functional check-out and troubleshooting of all wiring systems. Performs less difficult assignments without assistance or supervision. Care and precision must be exercised in order to ensure quality installations, on-time deliveries, and satisfied customers. As customers are on site at the facilities, professional appearance and communication skills are required in order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship.
- Installs, aligns, and wires electrical and electronic components such as instruments, sensors, radio communications, antennas, J-boxes, lights, etc.
- Determines the best location and method for installing and removing electronic equipment and systems by applying general trade practices and adhering to prints originated by Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, various mod centers (STC’s), and many aircraft manufacturers’ wiring diagrams.
- Fabricates wiring harnesses; solders connector plugs; strips and hand lugs wiring; identifies wiring and fabricates and installs surface control indicating systems; performs terminal splicing; wires junction boxes; routes wiring and conduit; and performs any other electrical bench or installation work as necessary to complete the electrical repair or modification of the aircraft.
Qualifications and requirements:
- HS diploma or GED
- 5+ years of avionics installation experience
- Corporate jet experience desired
- FCC License Preferred
- A&P License preferred
- Must have knowledge of both electrical and electronic theories and be able to understand and follow wiring diagrams.
- Must be able to operate hand and power tools and electrical test equipment. Bend, twist, climb into tight spots, stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.