LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Propulsion Engineers with corporate jet experience for an opportunity in Augusta, Georgia.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Engine Test and supporting systems:
- Support of test cell calibration and maintenance of correlation IAW industry standard and OEM requirements.
- Use of statistical analysis to perform test data trending for maintenance of product quality and test cell correlation.
- Test cell availability monitoring and budgeting for maintenance and upgrades.
- Development of specifications and system requirements for test cell mechanical, software and data acquisition systems.
- Support on-going implementation of test cell modernization efforts in collaboration with Central Engineering.
- Interface with OEM to clarify and document engine test requirements and overhaul manual test instruction.
- Modification or creation of data acquisition and control software for gas turbine engine testing.
- Application of statistical uncertainty analysis to test and calibration data and also to the specification of test cell instrumentation.
- Analyze incoming and outgoing on-wing and test cell performance/vibration test data sets and correcting detected discrepancies and anomalies.
- Support technicians performing incoming and outgoing engine on-wing and/or test cell performance runs, vibration surveys and fan balance jobs.
- Accept or reject engines based upon performance data set analysis.
- Provide work scope to improve performance if required.
Parts inspection, work scope definition and other general items around the engine operation:
- Gas turbine performance degradation associated with part condition, geometric variation, manufacturing and repair tolerances and operating environments.
- Tracking and monitoring of baseline engine performance and post overhaul performance for support of work scope optimization;
- Relating shop data such as build specifications, geometric inspections and materiel disposition (new, overhauled, and repaired) to engine test results to support work scope optimization;
- Application of advanced knowledge and experience to support disposition of engine components with respect to air-worthiness requirements;
- Application of advanced knowledge of engineering principles to support process improvements and provide recommendations for technology investments;
- Act as technical liaison with Central Engineering to propagate best practices between company facilities and product lines;
- Act as engine OEM liaison for: OEM initiated requests for information; SA initiated OEM Publication Variance requests; SA initiated OEM product / publication improvement requests; SA initiated OEM requests for guidance;
Support special processes:
- Shot peen per AMS2430; industry standards for welding and corrosion treatment;
- Fleming AF-16 and AF-36 flow rigs, master nozzles and tools; master EFA trending per Honeywell SIL;
- Maintain wheel leakage mass flow rig;
- In-flight cabin acoustic analysis – customer noise complaints;
- Respond to customer calls and inquiries regarding engine technical issues;
Prepare reports to:
- Document the disassembly of engines which have experienced an in-service failure and to describe the conclusions as to the failure root cause and corrective action taken.
- Document findings as required by customer contract/request.
- Acquire digital photographs for reports.
- Initiate and support continual improvement projects, process control improvement and work instruction creation to support special processes;
- Initiate and support minor component repair as allowed by FAR part 145;
Qualifications and requirements:
Engineering degree – mechanical or aerospace.
FAA A&P License preferred.
Vision requirements as recommended by ATA specification.
Demonstrated ability to apply analytical problem solving skills in a practical setting.
Demonstrated ability to independently identify and prioritize tasks according to customer commitments and company objectives.
Act as a technical leader and champion for application of modern technology to shop processes.
Familiarity with company tools, processes and software systems. Microsoft Office Suite expertise.
Significant experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of test cell data acquisition and control systems.
Significant experience with gas turbine engine testing, performance analysis, test cell correlation.
Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical concepts to a wide audience with varying technical backgrounds.
Be able to walk throughout the Facility, climb, bend, and lift.
Be able to hold tools and parts and be able to manipulate a computer keyboard and telephone handset.
Experience with Honeywell propulsion engine and APU products.
Applicants without aviation and/or turbofan engine experience will not be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.