Avionics Instrument Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Avionics Instrument Technician with experience performing line and bench maintenance for a contract to direct hire opportunity in Aurora, Oregon
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Avionics Instrument Technician performs line and bench maintenance on a variety of aircraft instruments and avionics components. May perform flight line maintenance to include inspect, troubleshoot, test, repair and installation. Performs bench level maintenance down to component level to include inspect, troubleshoot, test, align, repair and overhaul.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; further education or advance instruction relative to technical field is preferred.
- Requires 3+ years’ experience performing line and bench maintenance on a variety of aircraft instruments and avionics components.
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license preferred (Airframe license is equivalent to 1 year experience; Powerplant license is equivalent to 1 year experience; A&P license is equivalent to 2 years’ experience)
- Requires knowledge of standard wiring practices using contact crimp tools, inserting/extracting tools, wire stripping methods, connective types and contacts; experience with wire routing requirements.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and hand tools appropriate to the assigned tasks; general mechanics hand tools and appropriate tool box are required.
- CH-47 or CH-46 specific experience preferred; Military or commercial aviation avionics/electrical training preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned dependent on production needs
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.