Transit Bus Technicians
TransTechs - Transit Bus Mechanic
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic
Pay: $24 – $27 per hour based on experience and qualifications
Shift: 3pm – 11pm or 7am – 3pm
- ASE premium pay!
- ASE testing & training materials provided!
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits packages
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications and Requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Previous diesel truck or bus experience required
- Valid driver’s license; CDL preferred
- Must possess an appropriate mechanic’s tool set
- ASE Certifications are preferred
- Must be able to pass CRIM & DMV Checks
- Must have steel toe boots
- Must be able to pass FMCSA DOT Drug Screen
- Must be able to pass DOT Physical
- Must be able to pass EDU check
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to pass Employment Check