Fabricator Trailer Technician 1st Shift
Launch TransTechs is seeking a Trailer Mechanic for repairs and maintenance on diesel trucks in Chicago Heights, IL.
Shift: 7am – 3:30 pm 1st Shift
Pay: $17-$23 per hour, depending on experience
Trailer Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform basic tractor/trailer general maintenance and repairs, including, but not limited to welding.
- Aluminum Welding and Repairs. Will address the structural and operating elements of the equipment including troubleshooting, diagnosis, and testing of units to ensure it is in safe and acceptable working condition.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and timely paperwork regarding all completed work.
- Ability to successfully enter work order data in company software systems as required.
- Ability to speak, write and comprehend the English language in accordance with all safety-related regulations and product specifications to avoid product contaminations in addition to processing paperwork for invoicing, billing, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance (PM’s), electrical, suspension, airbrake, diagnostic and repairs.
- May need to drive tractor/trailer in/out of the shop or through the facility parking lot.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Trailer Technician Qualifications and Requirements:
- Equivalent of High School diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of diesel mechanic experience.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Must have own tools.
- CDL with endorsements a plus.
- Proficient with Arc Welder, MIG, and Alum Welding.
- Must have knowledge in Preventative Maintenance (PM’s), Electrical, Suspension, Airbrake, Diagnostic and Repair skills Pneumatic/Tanker experience a plus
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.