LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Buyer for an opportunity in Chula Vista, CA.
Searching for an experienced Buyer who will be able to process purchasing requisitions from the managers in the field and turn those requisitions into purchase orders. The Buyer will be responsible for creating purchase orders, answering vendor questions, resolving bill questions and providing them with additional order documentation as needed. The successful candidate for this position has experience in the manufacturing industry and an strong understanding of supply chain management concepts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchases materials or other goods and/or coordinates activities involved with procuring goods services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies for establishment
- Negotiates and administers terms of supplier contracts within scope of designated authority in a legal and ethical manner.
- Establishes and manages relationships with suppliers
- Develops and executes sourcing strategy with KPIs to manage cost, quality, schedule and risk
- Researches all aspects of Capital projects with the Operations team to ensure the best Commercial terms, savings and warranty.
- Ensures on-time delivery performance and quality from suppliers by expediting purchase orders, following up on back orders, and notifying operations of expected delivery dates.
- Researches alternative suppliers in case of material shortages or price differences.
- Reviews requisitions, purchase orders, and invoice issues for accuracy and conformance with established policies and procedures.
- Trains other purchasing personnel at the entry level.
- Works closely with internal customers to clarify supplier related questions and issues
Education and Experience
- Previous experience of all tasks involved in purchase order creation and vendor relations preferred.
- Must be able to work in and fully support a team environment.
- Attention to detail SAP experience ( preferable).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel Excellent negotiation, customer service and consulting skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced high volume environment.
- Ability to work well within cross-functional teams.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.