School Bus Technician
School Bus Technician
LAUNCH TransTechs is looking for skilled school bus technician to do routine and preventative maintenance to a large fleet of diesel-powered school buses and also assist with frequent DOT inspections regularly conducted.
Shift: 1st, M – F 7am – 5pm
Pay: $18 – $20 per hour, depending on experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine and preventative maintenance on school buses.
- Diagnose malfunctions and perform vehicle repairs; Steering, electrical, cooling, brake systems, drive trains, suspension, transmissions, etc.
- Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance.
- Perform DOT inspections regularly on site.
- Maintain a safe, clean and productive work area.
- Other duties as required to support operations.
Qualifications and requirements:
- The equivalent of High School Diploma or GED and 3+ year’s diesel mechanic experience.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, spending time bending, climbing and stooping.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- Must be able to pass DOT drug test & DOT physical
- CDL preferred, but not required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.