Component Repair Mechanic
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking experienced Accessory Mechanics with aircraft component repair experience for an opportunity in San Bernardino, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Working with moderate supervision, performs overhauls, repairs and test to aviation parts, and various other components in accordance with repair station rules and specification.
- Ensure work performed adheres to high quality standards.
- Must be disciplined in documenting all processes performed in an accurate timely manner.
- Record accurately all work performed on relevant repair station and/or customer supplied documents as necessary.
- Ability to interpret technical data such as manufactures maintenance instruction and perform required maintenance procedure correctly.
- Perform maintenance work on components received by the repair station including disassembly; cleaning; physical and dimensional inspection using measuring tools; assembly and testing.
- Proficient knowledge in the use of inspection tooling required in the course of work and not limiting to the following: torque wrenches, micrometers, dial indicators, height gauge, Vernier calipers, depth gauges, surface comparators, etc.
- Training will be provided to familiarize candidate with the repair station quality and inspection system as well as operational procedures.
- Specific training such as hydraulic test mill operation will also be provided.
- Minimum 5+ years performing Aviation Maintenance or equivalent experience preferred.
- Applicants should either possess an A & P Certificate or meet the requirements to become an FAA Repairman preferred.
- Ability to pass DOT drug test.
- Must be a U.S. Person or Permanent Green Card holder due to ITAR regulations.
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate preferred
- Ability to pass DOT drug and alcohol test
- U.S. person or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) preferred due to ITAR
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic Shop Math
- Basic knowledge regarding concepts, theories and principles of aerodynamics, hydraulic
systems, electrical systems, pneumatic systems, sheet metal repairs and composite repairs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand,
bend, reach and move about the facility
- Ability to lift 50Ibs
- As required be able wear half mask or full face respirator for extended periods
- Ability to work in machine shop / component repair environment
- Momentary exposure to high noises
- Exposure to chemicals and cleaning agents
- Personal Protection Equipment may be required for certain tasks
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.