LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking experienced Structures Mechanics with aircraft repair experience for an opportunity in San Bernardino, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
145 Aero Structures Mechanic handles a high volume of repair and overhaul work for nacelles, thrust reversers, cowlings, flaps and a whole host of aero structures from a wide range of commercial aircraft. We are looking for multi-skilled mechanics experienced in nacelle component overhaul, flight control overhaul, and back shop experience.
Working with moderate supervision, performs overhauls, repairs, tests composite repairs, and sheet metal repairs to aviation parts, and various other components in accordance with repair station rules and specifications.
- Perform maintenance on components received by the repair station including; disassembly,
cleaning, inspection, repair/overhaul, assembly testing, composite repairs, and sheet metal
- Document maintenance completed in accordance with federal regulations, repair station rules
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Must use, wear and enforce required PPE within assigned production work area
- Operate required machinery and equipment in a proper manner following established safety
- Read, understand and adhere to SDS guidelines
- General knowledge in the use of inspection tooling and basic hand tools required in the course
of work including but not limited to the following; torque wrenches, micrometers, dial indicators,
height gauge, calipers, depth gauges, rivet guns, drill motors, pneumatic die grinders, etc.
- General knowledge of composite repair techniques including but not limited to the following;
taper sanding, step sanding, wet layup, prepreg layup, hot bonder procedures and common
- General knowledge of aircraft component technical data such as SRM, CMM, engineering
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- 5+ years’ experience in aircraft component composite repair/overhaul or related experience
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate preferred
- Ability to pass DOT drug and alcohol test
- U.S. person or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) preferred due to ITAR
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic Shop Math
- Basic knowledge regarding concepts, theories and principles of aerodynamics, hydraulic
systems, electrical systems, pneumatic systems, sheet metal repairs and composite repairs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand,
bend, reach and move about the facility
- Ability to lift 50Ibs
- As required be able wear half mask or full face respirator for extended periods
- Ability to work in machine shop / component repair environment
- Momentary exposure to high noises
- Exposure to chemicals and cleaning agents
- Personal Protection Equipment may be required for certain tasks
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.